Welcome to Mental Health Creative (MHC)
MHC is a mental health firm founded by counselor H. Ricardo “Riqui” Alvarez.
MHC strives to provide strength-based and solution focused coaching, mental health counseling and consulting services.
Why the word “Creative” in MHC?
MHC coaching and counseling approaches are empathic and non-pathologizing. Clients are encouraged to cope with mental challenges with resilient willpower, humor and creativity*
* To learn more about MHC therapeutic strategies go to the link called Creative Interventions
MHC provides clinical psychotherapy and psycho-education to help individuals (including couples and families) cope with the following mental challenges:
- Post-traumatic stress, depression and anxiety
- Adjustment Disorder (associated to cultural shock, divorces, broken relationships, leaving the family, etc.)
- Grieving and bereavement
- Extreme states of consciousness (hearing voices, psychosis, bipolar, etc.)
- Stress Management
MHC provides life coaching, and holistic healing services, to help individuals (including couples and families) cope with normal (non-clinical) challenges that average people may face in life, such as:
- Setting/achieving well-formed goals
- Improving communication and relationships
- Fostering self-esteem and self-confidence
- Finding your inner voice in life
- Increasing personal motivation
- Boosting your creativity
- Reaching self-fulfillment and spiritual enlightenment.
To learn more about MHC THERAPIST/COACH, go to the sub-link called “About The Therapist” (located under Home)